Whether you drive a manual or an automatic transmission car, it’s important to keep your car’s transmission running smoothly. Automatic transmissions need regular servicing to ensure maximum performance, economy and service life. The automatic transmission is one of the most sophisticated parts of your car. Our service includes tasks such as draining the transmission fluid, removing and cleaning the oil pan, inspecting fluid condition, full transmission flushes, and checking for leaks.
Manual transmissions also need servicing although this usually includes less complicated tasks, such as replacing the fluids and/or making minor adjustments. Maintenance and repair work on your clutch and transmission should always be carried out by a professional.
Here at Mark Brackstone Motors we have the expertise to fix any car transmission issue.
Some of the signs that there are problems with your clutch and automatic transmission include:
- Clutch slips and does not transfer engine power to the wheels.
- Clutch won’t release properly.
- Leaking fluid.
- ‘Check Engine’ light comes on.
- Jarring transition into next gear.
- Car ‘hesitates’ or ‘refuses’ to go into gear.
- A whining, humming or even a slight buzzing sound.